Tuesday, September 3, 2013

14 Weeks

I finally went back to work mid-last week. I let them know that I wasn't yet feeling 100%, and people have been quite understanding about the whole thing.
I managed a few days, and then yesterday I had a bit of a relapse. Started vomiting alot, left work early, and took another sick day today.. I was just starting to feel better, starting to ween myself off daily medication. They say I'm supposed to be feeling so much better now that I've entered the second trimester.
I'm gaining my strength back though, slowly slowly. Trying to eat more. Can feel my clothes getting a little tight around the waist.
Today I have an appointment with my OB/GYN. Just to make sure everything is on track.
I feel like my body is starting to change- I mean I'm not really showing unless you know me well from before, but I'm not used to any roundness in my belly. It's a bit of a strange feeling. Sometimes makes me happy at the thought of finally looking a little pregnant, after all these months of feeling like crap and having nothing to show for it. But it also makes me self-conscious- I just look a little like I've eaten too many doughnuts or something.
I've been looking into all kinds of natural beauty/cleansing remedies.. I came across this great blog called Crunchy Betty. She has all sorts of great ideas to stop the cycle of products that require you to need more products. I particularly love the honey cleansing method for the face. She has other options if you wanna do this but need something to remove the makeup as well.
Anyway, I've been doing some thinking about how obsessed with buy more stuff we are, and especially with a baby coming up I'm trying to think of ways to simplify and make things more natural. So all these homemade ideas are great :) I'm looking forward to trying her no-shampoo hair cleansing ideas. Hopefully I'll be able to get the bathroom clutter down to a minimum soon!
That's all for now.
Tootles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment